Normal view

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • Nilai police arrest three men, woman over robbery and snatch‑theft cases in Tangkak
    NILAI, May 24 — Police detained three men and a woman suspected of involvement in robbery and snatch theft cases in Tangkak, Johor, during an operation at Dataran Nilai, Putra Point here yesterday.In a statement, Nilai police chief Supt Johari Yahya said the local suspects, aged between 22 and 28, attempted to flee, resulting in a struggle before they were apprehended.He said police seized two vehicles, including a Perodua Myvi believed to have been used in the r
     

Nilai police arrest three men, woman over robbery and snatch‑theft cases in Tangkak

24 May 2026 at 06:42

Malay Mail

NILAI, May 24 — Police detained three men and a woman suspected of involvement in robbery and snatch theft cases in Tangkak, Johor, during an operation at Dataran Nilai, Putra Point here yesterday.

In a statement, Nilai police chief Supt Johari Yahya said the local suspects, aged between 22 and 28, attempted to flee, resulting in a struggle before they were apprehended.

He said police seized two vehicles, including a Perodua Myvi believed to have been used in the robberies, as well as several mobile phones and other items linked to the case.

Johari also denied claims circulating on social media that shots were fired during the operation, saying the arrests only involved efforts to detain the suspects who tried to escape.

“The case is being investigated under Section 394 of the Penal Code,” he said, advising the public not to spread unverified information or speculate on the viral video, which could cause public concern.

Yesterday, a post on social media platform Threads alleged a shootout between police and criminals at Dataran Nilai, claiming the suspects’ vehicle windows were damaged by gunfire. — Bernama

 

​​​​​​​Kajang assistant manager loses RM163,500 after falling for Facebook stock investment scam

20 May 2026 at 04:07

Malay Mail

NILAI, May 20 — An assistant manager at a private company lost RM163,500 after allegedly falling victim to a non-existent stock investment scheme promoted on social media in March.

Nilai police chief Supt Johari Yahya said the local woman, in her early 40s, lodged a police report at 6.33pm yesterday after realising she was duped by the syndicate.

He said the victim, who lives in Kajang, told police she had been dealing with an unknown individual on Facebook who offered a stock investment scheme promising lucrative returns.

The victim was instructed to download an application known as “AB Limited” onto her mobile phone before making several fund transfers to bank accounts provided by the suspect.

“She realised she had been scammed after repeated attempts to withdraw the purported profits through the application failed,” he said in a statement here today.

Johari said the case is being investigated under Section 420 of the Penal Code for cheating and efforts are underway to trace the suspect.

He advised the public to verify investment offers with the relevant authorities before participating in any scheme and to refrain from sharing banking information with unknown individuals. — Bernama 

❌
Subscriptions