Former Prince Andrew prepped on trade role qualifications after Epstein




![]()
JOHOR BAHRU, May 22 — The Johor Education Department has assured the public that it will not compromise on cases of sexual misconduct in educational institutions under its administration, following the latest case involving a teacher in the state.
In a statement, the department confirmed that several police reports have been lodged, including by the school, resulting in the teacher involved being remanded by police to assist in investigations.
The Johor Education Department also called on police to conduct a professional and thorough probe to enable legal action if the suspect is found guilty.
“During the course of the investigation, the teacher involved will be placed at the district education office.
“At the same time, the department will also work with the Social Welfare Department (JKM) to ensure that the pupil, who is the victim, is protected and her well-being is maintained," read the statement issued today.
The Johor Education Department also advised members of the public who have experienced such cases to lodge police reports.
It urged complainants not to withdraw their reports to allow further investigation and action to be taken by the authorities.
Earlier, police confirmed the arrest of a 28-year-old man at 10.30pm last night following allegations of sexual misconduct involving a 12-year-old primary schoolgirl.
The arrest came after a police report was lodged by the victim’s 37-year-old mother at 9pm last night. She claimed the incident was believed to have occurred in the Seri Alam area in Pasir Gudang last year.
Based on a widely circulated social media post by a whistleblower, the pupil had allegedly admitted to school authorities that she was involved in a sexual relationship with a male teacher at the school.
The allegations sparked public concern after complaints involving the teacher were reportedly lodged with police, education authorities and the Public Complaints Bureau since last year.
The suspect was later identified as a teacher’s assistant in his 20s who had previously been temporarily reassigned before returning to active teaching duties.

![]()
KUALA LUMPUR, May 20 — Police arrested a woman in her 80s for driving a car against traffic along the Damansara Shah Alam Elevated Expressway (DASH) on Monday.
Petaling Jaya district police chief ACP Shamsudin Mamat said the woman was arrested yesterday after the video of the incident went viral at noon today, adding that the incident happened at 9.30pm at Kilometre 10.8 of the expressway when she was believed to have gotten lost on her way home.
“The suspect then drove against traffic looking for a turnoff from the DASH Expressway. No accident was reported involving the suspect’s vehicle with other vehicles or objects,” he said in a statement here yesterday.
The case is being investigated under Section 42(1) of the Road Transport Act 1987, he said, and urged eyewitnesses or those who were at the location of the incident to step forward and assist investigations by contacting the nearest police station or the investigating officer, Insp S Jayseelan at 018-2582531 or the Petaling Jaya district police headquarters at 03-79662222.
He also reminded motorists to always obey traffic rules and regulations to avoid untoward incidents. — Bernama
A professional photographer -- who shot sports as well as weddings -- has been sentenced to 14 years in prison over multiple hidden camera offenses.