Iran, Qatar FM discuss diplomatic developments over war







© Zoë Meyers

© Sandy Huffaker

© Zoë Meyers



The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday evacuated 132 NCC cadets stranded in Manipur to Assam amid the prevailing security situation and restrictions on road movement in the state.
Officials said the cadets had attended the NCC North Eastern Region Flying Camp in Imphal between 11 and 20 May and were unable to travel back home safely following disruptions caused by the security situation in Manipur.
A senior official said the evacuation was organised by the NCC North Eastern Region Directorate in coordination with the Headquarters Director General NCC and the Headquarters Eastern Air Command.
The operation involved three AN-32 aircraft deployed by the IAF. Of the evacuated cadets, 60 were airlifted to Jorhat while 72 were flown to Guwahati.
The Indian Air Force provided timely airlift assistance to NCC cadets stranded in Imphal after the completion of the Air Wing NCC Camp on 20 May 2026.
— National Cadet Corps (@HQ_DG_NCC) May 23, 2026
In view of the prevailing situation in Manipur, cadets from Jorhat and Guwahati were unable to travel home by road. The IAF… pic.twitter.com/G0qt6BgbiM
Officials said the swift operation ensured that the cadets reached their destinations in time for upcoming examinations, bringing relief to anxious parents and families.
The cadets also expressed gratitude to the Ministry of Defence, the Indian Air Force and the NCC authorities for arranging the emergency evacuation.
In a statement posted on X, the NCC Directorate North Eastern Region described the operation as an example of teamwork and commitment towards cadet welfare and national unity.
The Directorate stated that cadets from Guwahati and Jorhat had been unable to return home by road due to the prevailing situation in Manipur, prompting the need for immediate airlift assistance.
Officials said the evacuation highlighted the close coordination between the armed forces and NCC authorities in ensuring the safety and welfare of cadets during challenging circumstances.
With IANS inputs




Actor-politician Ravi Kishan on Friday said he has never understood why his verbal slip-ups repeatedly go viral on social media, remarking that he is “just a human being” and prone to mistakes like anyone else.
Responding to questions about his latest viral gaffe, the BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) MP from Gorakhpur referred to a recent video in which he accidentally said “home from work” instead of “work from home” while speaking about Prime Minister Narendra Modi's WFH initiative.
“I swear on Mahadev, I've no idea why I keep going viral,” Kishan said.
“I accidentally said ‘home from work’ and ‘jaldi the late’. I was on my way to Parliament and wanted to say I needed to ‘work from home’, but ‘home from work’ slipped out instead,” he added.
The actor said people often react to such mistakes as though they were extraordinary events.
“People look at me as if I've arrived from some completely different planet. I'm just a human being, and I make mistakes like everyone else. Why you guys make me go viral is beyond my understanding,” he said.
Kishan said the popularity of his unintended one-liners has become a regular topic of conversation, including within his own party.
“Everyone asks me about it, even people in my own political party. My superiors ask, ‘What exactly do you do?’ I'm like, ‘I don't know’,” he said.
The remarks come after clips of the MP's verbal mix-ups circulated widely across social media platforms, generating memes and humorous commentary from users.
Kishan's latest comments were met with laughter from the audience, with the actor appearing to take the online attention in stride despite admitting that he remains puzzled by the recurring fascination with his mistakes.

