Normal view

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • IGP confirms probe into claims fugitive Jho Low attended secret meetings in KL in 2025 Anis Zalani
    KUALA LUMPUR, May 15 — Investigations are ongoing into allegations that fugitive businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, attended secret meetings in Kuala Lumpur last year, Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Mohd Khalid Ismail said today.He said the investigations are strictly in accordance with existing legal procedures.“This is a claim, seven years ago, I was not even appointed at that time.“Therefore, investigations are carried out from time to
     

IGP confirms probe into claims fugitive Jho Low attended secret meetings in KL in 2025

15 May 2026 at 05:02

Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, May 15 — Investigations are ongoing into allegations that fugitive businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, attended secret meetings in Kuala Lumpur last year, Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Mohd Khalid Ismail said today.

He said the investigations are strictly in accordance with existing legal procedures.

“This is a claim, seven years ago, I was not even appointed at that time.

“Therefore, investigations are carried out from time to time in accordance with the legal process permitted under the law,” he told reporters here.

Mohd Khalid said authorities remain bound by the law and will continue cooperating with relevant parties to ensure the matter is fully and properly investigated.

He did not provide further details, saying the case is still under investigation.

On Wednesday, news portal Sarawak Report alleged that Low had attended secret meetings in the Malaysian capital city at the end of 2025 as part of a Chinese delegation, purportedly linked to efforts to resolve outstanding 1MDB-related issues between China and Malaysia

The talks were also said to involve claims that China may have played a role in helping cover up matters linked to former Malaysian prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak, who is now serving a six-year prison sentence after being convicted of money laundering and power abuses in SRC International Sdn Bhd, a former unit of sovereign investment firm 1MDB Berhad.

Low is widely reported to have fled Malaysia in 2015, shortly after the 1MDB scandal intensified.

 

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • After Teluk Intan FRU crash, police tighten SOPs for large convoy operations, says IGP
    KUALA LUMPUR, May 13 — The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) has tightened its standard operating procedures (SOPs) for large-scale convoy assignments to prevent a recurrence of the fatal accident involving a Federal Reserve Unit (FRU) truck in Teluk Intan, Perak, last year.Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Mohd Khalid Ismail said the improvements place particular emphasis on compliance with SOPs by all personnel while carrying out their duties.“We have made nume
     

After Teluk Intan FRU crash, police tighten SOPs for large convoy operations, says IGP

13 May 2026 at 10:10

Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, May 13 — The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) has tightened its standard operating procedures (SOPs) for large-scale convoy assignments to prevent a recurrence of the fatal accident involving a Federal Reserve Unit (FRU) truck in Teluk Intan, Perak, last year.

Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Mohd Khalid Ismail said the improvements place particular emphasis on compliance with SOPs by all personnel while carrying out their duties.

“We have made numerous improvements and tightened SOPs for operations, especially those involving large convoys, and I believe that with the stricter procedures, we can reduce accidents not only during duty assignments but also while on the road,” he said.

He said this when met by reporters after the closing ceremony of the PDRM Special Dialogue V (PSD V) 2026 at Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club (KLGCC) here today.

In addition, Mohd Khalid said the PDRM is also continuously upgrading FRU logistics and equipment through procuring new vehicles funded by government allocations.

“At the same time, we have received allocations from the government to enhance equipment and logistics, including new vehicles. I believe this will give greater motivation to all PDRM personnel,” he said.

He also assured that the welfare of the families of those involved in the crash remains a priority, including the provision of assistance and insurance coverage.

“Alhamdulillah, so far, all forms of assistance and insurance claims have been carried out properly and smoothly. If there are any shortcomings, the families may contact their respective state police chiefs,” he said.

In the incident on May 13 last year, nine FRU personnel were killed while another nine were injured after the truck they were travelling in was rammed by a gravel-laden lorry on Jalan Chikus-Sungai Lampam at about 8.50am.

The FRU personnel were on their way back to Ipoh after completing duties under Ops Chariot in Teluk Intan. — Bernama 

❌
Subscriptions