Normal view

Police recover six-inch ‘rambo’ knife dumped in paddy field linked to Jalan Titi Gajah neck stabbing case

20 May 2026 at 04:09

Malay Mail

ALOR SETAR, May 20 — Police have recovered the weapon believed to have been used in a stabbing incident involving a woman who was attacked in the neck while inside a car in front of a restaurant at Jalan Titi Gajah, Kepala Batas, on Sunday night, according to Sinar Harian.

Kedah police chief Datuk Adzli Abu Shah said the weapon, a six-inch “rambo” knife, was found on Monday after being led to the location by the suspect.

He said the knife was discovered about 200 metres from the crime scene, dumped in a paddy field area.

“For this stabbing case, I would like to inform that two days ago we successfully found the weapon used.

“The ‘rambo’ knife, about six inches, was recovered after being led by the suspect in a paddy field area,” he told a press conference at the Kedah police contingent headquarters on Wednesday.

He said the recovery of the weapon marks a positive development in the investigation.

In a related development, he said the victim, who is a single mother, has completed surgery and is now in stable condition.

“The victim did suffer trauma due to the injuries. She is still weak but stable,” he was quoted as saying. 

Police previously said the suspect, a 32-year-old man, was arrested about four hours after the incident after walking 6.2km before being detained near a mosque in Taman Uda at about 1.50am on Monday.

The Malay daily reported that the suspect has been remanded for seven days to assist investigations under Section 326 of the Penal Code for causing grievous hurt using a weapon.

 

Four teens arrested for allegedly strangling, assaulting e-hailing driver over unpaid fare in Alor Gajah

19 May 2026 at 01:37

Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, May 19 — An e-hailing driver was injured after being strangled and beaten by four teenagers, including two girls, who allegedly could not afford to pay the fare in an incident in Kuala Sungai Baru in Alor Gajah, Melaka, last Thursday.

In the incident at about 12.30am, the 41-year-old victim suffered bruises and swelling on several parts of her body, as well as strangulation marks on her neck after being attacked by the suspects, Kosmo! Online reported today.

Alor Gajah district police chief Superintendent Ahmad Abu Bakar said, based on the report lodged, the victim had picked up all the suspects via a Grab booking in Bukit Rambai to be sent to Kuala Sungai Baru town.

He said the suspects comprised two teenage boys aged 15 and 17, and two teenage girls aged 14.

“Upon arriving near a forested area in Kuala Sungai Baru, one of the suspects asked the victim to stop the vehicle, claiming they wanted to look for someone and also said they had no money to make payment online.

“A few minutes later, three of the suspects — the 17-year-old boy and the two girls — suddenly turned aggressive and attacked the victim,” he said today.

According to him, based on the victim’s statement, the male suspect strangled her from behind, while the two teenage girls hit her with an iron rod and pulled her hair.

“The suspects also threatened the victim not to seek help. Another teenage boy, however, did not enter the car as he had fled the scene.

“The victim later managed to escape by driving away from the location before lodging a police report and seeking treatment at hospital,” he said.

He added that the victim suffered injuries to her nose, neck and both hands due to the struggle.

Ahmad said investigations also found that during the journey, the vehicle stopped twice and the suspects instructed the same route to be taken repeatedly.

He said all the suspects have been arrested and remanded to assist investigations under Section 324 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt using a weapon or dangerous means.

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • Suspect in woman’s neck stabbing in Kota Setar remanded for seven days Malay Mail
    ALOR SETAR, May 18 — A man suspected to have stabbed a woman in the neck outside a restaurant along Jalan Titi Gajah in Kota Setar last night has been remanded for seven days until May 24 to assist in investigations.Magistrate Noor Shifa Mohd Hamzah issued the remand order, allowing police to complete their probe under Section 326 of the Penal Code.The 32-year-old suspect arrived at the court lockup here at 8.20 am in a police vehicle.Meanwhile, Kota Setar Police
     

Suspect in woman’s neck stabbing in Kota Setar remanded for seven days

18 May 2026 at 02:38

Malay Mail

ALOR SETAR, May 18 — A man suspected to have stabbed a woman in the neck outside a restaurant along Jalan Titi Gajah in Kota Setar last night has been remanded for seven days until May 24 to assist in investigations.

Magistrate Noor Shifa Mohd Hamzah issued the remand order, allowing police to complete their probe under Section 326 of the Penal Code.

The 32-year-old suspect arrived at the court lockup here at 8.20 am in a police vehicle.

Meanwhile, Kota Setar Police District Chief ACP Syed Basri Syed Ali said the suspect was apprehended at a mosque compound in Taman Uda, along Sultanah Bahiyah Highway, near here, at 1.50 am today.

Earlier, media reports stated that a woman suffered severe neck injuries after she was allegedly stabbed by a male acquaintance outside a restaurant on Jalan Titi Gajah last night.

In the 9.19 pm incident, the 35-year-old victim was stabbed in the right side of her neck by the suspect while inside her Mazda vehicle.

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • Police open probe into viral Rawang street brawl
    KUALA LUMPUR, May 18 — Police have opened an investigation paper into a viral video of a brawl involving several individuals believed to be locals at Jalan Rawang-Batu Arang near Rawang.Gombak district police chief SAC Noor Ariffin Mohamad Nasir said police detected the video after it was uploaded by an Instagram account owner at about 6pm on Saturday.Following the detection of the video, the Gombak district police headquarters (IPD) lodged a police report at 4.2
     

Police open probe into viral Rawang street brawl

18 May 2026 at 01:45

Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, May 18 — Police have opened an investigation paper into a viral video of a brawl involving several individuals believed to be locals at Jalan Rawang-Batu Arang near Rawang.

Gombak district police chief SAC Noor Ariffin Mohamad Nasir said police detected the video after it was uploaded by an Instagram account owner at about 6pm on Saturday.

Following the detection of the video, the Gombak district police headquarters (IPD) lodged a police report at 4.24 pm today for further action.

“Preliminary investigations found that the incident occurred at Jalan Rawang-Batu Arang heading towards the Rawang Toll, before the entry slip road to the North-South Expressway (PLUS).

“The case is being investigated under Section 147 of the Penal Code for rioting in a public place,” he said in a statement yesterday.

Noor Ariffin said if convicted, the offenders could face imprisonment of up to two years, a fine, or both.

Members of the public with information on the incident are urged to come forward to assist investigations.

Information can be channelled by contacting the investigating officer, Insp Prakash Sithambaram at 012-2940827 or the Gombak IPD operations room at 03-61262222. — Bernama

 

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • Sepanggar body in bin case: Court grants extra month for suspect’s psychiatric report
    KOTA KINABALU, May 16 — The Magistrates’ Court here has allowed a one-month extension for the mental evaluation of a fishmonger charged with murdering a woman, whose body parts were found at a communal rubbish bin in Indah Permai Sepanggar last February.Magistrate Dzul Elmy Yunus granted the application for Piluta Samad, 71, after the prosecution informed the court that his psychiatric report was not ready.The prosecution had requested ample time for further eval
     

Sepanggar body in bin case: Court grants extra month for suspect’s psychiatric report

16 May 2026 at 04:09

Malay Mail

KOTA KINABALU, May 16 — The Magistrates’ Court here has allowed a one-month extension for the mental evaluation of a fishmonger charged with murdering a woman, whose body parts were found at a communal rubbish bin in Indah Permai Sepanggar last February.

Magistrate Dzul Elmy Yunus granted the application for Piluta Samad, 71, after the prosecution informed the court that his psychiatric report was not ready.

The prosecution had requested ample time for further evaluation.

On April 15, Piluta was referred to Hospital Mesra Bukit Padang for a 30-day observation after the Magistrate allowed an application made by his legal team under Section 342 of the Criminal Procedure Code.

Piluta’s legal team led by Datuk Ram Singh raised no objection to the extension request.

The court then fixed June 25 for further mention of the case and ordered for Piluta, who was not in court today, to be further detained in custody pending disposal of the case.

Prosecuting officer Insp Mohamad Hamidi Mohamad Hamzah stood in for deputy public prosecutor Kareena Kaur Gill Karamjit Singh, while Piluta’s legal team also included counsel Joan Goh, Ian Vun, and Prem Elmer Ganasan.

Piluta has been charged under Section 302 of the Penal Code, which provides for the death sentence or a jail term of up to 40 years and if not sentenced to death, the offender is liable to a maximum 12 strokes of the cane upon conviction.

He is accused of murdering 44-year-old Hamidah Husin @ Lisa, an undocumented resident, at an unnumbered house in Kampung Sri Kenangan, Jalan Sepanggar at 7pm on Feb 11.

It was reported that on Feb 12, that Hamidah’s body was dismembered and then discarded at the site.

A man believed to be her fiancé was arrested on the same day. — The Borneo Post

 

RM57m in luxury houses, handbags, watches, cars seized as police crack international scam ring based in Klang Valley

15 May 2026 at 06:05

Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, May 15 — Police have arrested 187 suspects from nine countries in a major crackdown on international online scam syndicates operating out of the Klang Valley.

Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Khalid Ismail said the operation, dubbed Op Teguh 2.0, involved 46 raids on residential premises believed to be used as bases for cross-border scam activities.

“The breakdown of arrests that I mentioned earlier shows that these activities are not concentrated in a single country. They appear to have formed syndicates working together to carry out scams, using our country as an operational base.

“Investigations are also ongoing into how the suspects entered the country, including whether through social visit passes or other means,” he told a press conference at Bukit Aman here today.

He said a total of 151 men and 36 women were arrested; some are Malaysians and the rest are from China, Japan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Laos, Thailand, the Philippines and Myanmar.

Khalid said 24 reports have been filed and are being investigated under several laws, including Section 420 and Section 120B of the Penal Code, Section 5 of the Computer Crimes Act 1997, and Section 4(1) of the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act.

The assets seized are estimated to be worth RM57.68 million. Among them are:

  • Three luxury properties valued at RM38 million
  • 20 high-end vehicles worth RM6.58 million
  • 67 luxury goods, such as watches, handbags, jewellery, wallets and gold bars, all valued at RM12 million
  • 556 digital devices worth RM552,000,
  • Cryptocurrency assets worth RM549,786
  • Cash in ringgit and foreign currencies
  • Debit and credit cards

Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Mohd Khalid Ismail (right) showing some of the luxury vehicles seized from an international scam syndicate operating out of the Klang Valley during a press conference on Op Teguh 2.0 at the Bukit Aman police headquarters in Kuala Lumpur on May 15, 2026. — Bernama pic
Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Mohd Khalid Ismail (right) showing some of the luxury vehicles seized from an international scam syndicate operating out of the Klang Valley during a press conference on Op Teguh 2.0 at the Bukit Aman police headquarters in Kuala Lumpur on May 15, 2026. — Bernama pic

Preliminary investigations found that victims from Hong Kong, China, South Korea and Japan were among those targeted by the syndicates.

Khalid said the groups used several scam tactics, including fake investment platforms targeting victims in Hong Kong and China, impersonation scams involving fake Japanese police officers on Telegram, romance scams aimed at victims in Korea and Japan, and illegal online gambling operations.

Asked why Malaysia was frequently used as a base for such activities, Khalid said visa-free entry facilities and other factors may have made the country attractive to syndicates.

He added that all foreign suspects detained possessed valid travel documents based on initial checks.

Police are now working with the Immigration Department and other agencies to monitor the entry of foreign nationals more closely and curb similar activities.

 

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • Terengganu civil servant duped of almost RM100,000 in Telegram investment scams
      KUALA TERENGGANU, May 15 — A female civil servant in Terengganu lost RM99,276 after falling victim to two fraudulent online investment schemes.Kuala Terengganu district police chief ACP Azli Mohd Noor said the 38-year-old victim responded to a ‘’Webull investment scheme’’ advertisement on the Telegram application on May 1, which promised lucrative returns within just six hours.“She chose a starter package worth RM1,000 and was asked to make several additional p
     

Terengganu civil servant duped of almost RM100,000 in Telegram investment scams

15 May 2026 at 03:41

Malay Mail

 

 

KUALA TERENGGANU, May 15 — A female civil servant in Terengganu lost RM99,276 after falling victim to two fraudulent online investment schemes.

Kuala Terengganu district police chief ACP Azli Mohd Noor said the 38-year-old victim responded to a ‘’Webull investment scheme’’ advertisement on the Telegram application on May 1, which promised lucrative returns within just six hours.

“She chose a starter package worth RM1,000 and was asked to make several additional payments on the pretext of enabling the withdrawal of investment profits.

“The deceived victim made 12 payments totalling RM48,965 into four different accounts between May 1 and 7,” he said in a statement today.

Azli said that on May 11, the victim invested in another scheme known as Sunway Trade through the same application, making bank transfers totalling RM50,311 over three days after being promised substantial returns within 30 minutes.

“The victim suspected she had been cheated after being asked to make an additional payment of RM38,527 purportedly for extra costs.

“She lodged a police report at 2.40 pm yesterday. The case is being investigated under Section 420 of the Penal Code,” he said. — Bernama

 

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • Knife found beside dead technician in Johor Bahru apartment, police suspect murder
    JOHOR BAHRU, May 15 — A male technician was found dead, believed to have been murdered, in an apartment here Wednesday.Johor Bahru Selatan district police chief ACP Raub Selamat said his team received a report regarding the incident at around 11.12 pm.He said the initial investigation found that the victim was 33 years old.“The victim was found lying in a pool of blood and was pronounced dead at around 10.50 pm (the same day),” he said in a statement yesterday.Ra
     

Knife found beside dead technician in Johor Bahru apartment, police suspect murder

15 May 2026 at 00:47

Malay Mail

JOHOR BAHRU, May 15 — A male technician was found dead, believed to have been murdered, in an apartment here Wednesday.

Johor Bahru Selatan district police chief ACP Raub Selamat said his team received a report regarding the incident at around 11.12 pm.

He said the initial investigation found that the victim was 33 years old.

“The victim was found lying in a pool of blood and was pronounced dead at around 10.50 pm (the same day),” he said in a statement yesterday.

Raub said the police also found a knife next to the victim, which is believed to have been used in the incident.

According to him, further investigations are being conducted to identify the motive of the incident and the case is being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code.

Members of the public who have information related to the incident are requested to contact the Johor Bahru Selatan district police headquarters (IPD) Hotline at 07-2182323 to assist with the investigation. — Bernama

❌
Subscriptions