Normal view

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • MCMC plans new telecom towers to boost internet coverage in Kelantan’s Felda Chiku 2
    GUA MUSANG, May 20 — The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) has proposed the construction of new telecommunications towers in Felda Chiku 2 under the National Digital Network Plan (Jendela) to improve internet coverage and enhance service stability and quality.In a statement today, MCMC said the initiative was aimed at addressing residents' complaints over weak and inconsistent internet connectivity in the area.It said that although basic i
     

MCMC plans new telecom towers to boost internet coverage in Kelantan’s Felda Chiku 2

20 May 2026 at 04:55

Malay Mail

GUA MUSANG, May 20 — The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) has proposed the construction of new telecommunications towers in Felda Chiku 2 under the National Digital Network Plan (Jendela) to improve internet coverage and enhance service stability and quality.

In a statement today, MCMC said the initiative was aimed at addressing residents' complaints over weak and inconsistent internet connectivity in the area.

It said that although basic internet infrastructure is available, monitoring found several locations to be blind spots requiring improvements in both coverage and service quality.

“Accordingly, MCMC has conducted telecommunications service quality tests at three locations identified by complainants to assess the actual coverage performance,” it said.

MCMC said the test results are being analysed in detail to determine the most appropriate follow-up measures to ensure a better user experience.

It added that the commission is also considering the installation of Starlink satellite internet devices as a temporary solution at locations to be identified later.

Meanwhile, Belia Felda Chiku 2 chairman Muhammad Zaidatul Azizi Mohd Zaidatul Azman said residents had been facing unstable internet coverage for the past three years.

He said about 200 households were forced to travel about one kilometre from their homes to obtain a stronger signal.

“Among the areas most affected are those around the mosque up to Gua Chiku 2. This has made it difficult for youths to carry out digital activities, including online learning and other daily tasks,” he said. — Bernama 

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • Temporary diversion on landslide-hit Gua Musang-Lojing road to reopen Thursday
    GUA MUSANG, May 20 — A temporary diversion on the Gua Musang-Lojing road, closed since December 3 last year due to a landslide, will open from Thursday (May 21).Kelantan Public Works, Infrastructure, Water, and Rural Development Committee chairman Datuk Dr Izani Husin said reopening the route is crucial to restoring transport connectivity between Kelantan, Pahang, and Perak, which has been disrupted since the landslide.“The reopening of this route is undoubtedly
     

Temporary diversion on landslide-hit Gua Musang-Lojing road to reopen Thursday

20 May 2026 at 01:36

Malay Mail

GUA MUSANG, May 20 — A temporary diversion on the Gua Musang-Lojing road, closed since December 3 last year due to a landslide, will open from Thursday (May 21).

Kelantan Public Works, Infrastructure, Water, and Rural Development Committee chairman Datuk Dr Izani Husin said reopening the route is crucial to restoring transport connectivity between Kelantan, Pahang, and Perak, which has been disrupted since the landslide.

“The reopening of this route is undoubtedly important in restoring the transport network and revitalising the interstate economic sectors, particularly involving agriculture, tourism, and logistics.

“On behalf of the state government, we will continue to do our best. I also express my appreciation to the Ministry of Works and the Works Minister for their concern and close cooperation in addressing this issue,” he said in a statement yesterday.

Since the route is a temporary diversion, he advised motorists to stay cautious when passing through the area.

It was previously reported that Section 107.6 of the Gua Musang-Lojing Road (FT185) at Pos Blau had collapsed, believed to have been caused by underground water movement. — Bernama 

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • Police warn of elephant danger after man found dead in Gua Musang plantation
    GUA MUSANG, May 14 — A 55-year-old man was found dead today, believed to have been attacked by a herd of wild elephants near a riverbank close to a rubber plantation along Jalan Ladang Serasa here.Gua Musang police chief Supt Sik Choon Foo said police received a report on the discovery of the victim’s body at 11.38am.He said a police team from the Paloh 2 police station was dispatched to the scene to conduct investigations.“They found elephant footprints and dung
     

Police warn of elephant danger after man found dead in Gua Musang plantation

14 May 2026 at 08:41

Malay Mail

GUA MUSANG, May 14 — A 55-year-old man was found dead today, believed to have been attacked by a herd of wild elephants near a riverbank close to a rubber plantation along Jalan Ladang Serasa here.

Gua Musang police chief Supt Sik Choon Foo said police received a report on the discovery of the victim’s body at 11.38am.

He said a police team from the Paloh 2 police station was dispatched to the scene to conduct investigations.

“They found elephant footprints and dung around the location, strengthening the possibility that the victim was attacked by the wild animals.

“Preliminary checks also found no criminal elements involved in the incident, while the victim’s body has been sent to Gua Musang Hospital for a post-mortem to determine the exact cause of death,” he said in a statement today.

Following the incident, Sik advised the public, especially residents living near forest and plantation areas, to remain vigilant.

“The public is advised to avoid entering high-risk areas identified as wildlife habitats, particularly those frequented by elephants,” he said. — Bernama

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • Gua Musang Form One student dies after collapsing at hostel
     KOTA BHARU, May 13 — A male Form One student died after reportedly being found unconscious at the hostel of Sekolah Menengah Paloh in Gua Musang yesterday.Gua Musang police chief Supt Sik Choon Foo said police received a report regarding the incident from the victim’s father at 8.53 am yesterday.He said the school had taken the 13-year-old boy to Chiku 03 Health Clinic.“However, medical officers at the clinic confirmed that the victim had died.“Following that, a
     

Gua Musang Form One student dies after collapsing at hostel

13 May 2026 at 06:23

Malay Mail

 

KOTA BHARU, May 13 — A male Form One student died after reportedly being found unconscious at the hostel of Sekolah Menengah Paloh in Gua Musang yesterday.

Gua Musang police chief Supt Sik Choon Foo said police received a report regarding the incident from the victim’s father at 8.53 am yesterday.

He said the school had taken the 13-year-old boy to Chiku 03 Health Clinic.

“However, medical officers at the clinic confirmed that the victim had died.

“Following that, a post-mortem examination was conducted at Gua Musang Hospital at 3.30 pm on the same day. Preliminary investigations found that the cause of death was due to spontaneous bleeding in the head and fluid in the lungs,” he said in a statement today.

Sik added that further police examination found no elements of crime in the incident.

He said the victim’s body had been handed over to family members for burial arrangements and the case had been classified as sudden death, with further investigations still ongoing.

In this regard, Sik advised the public not to make any speculation regarding the incident as it could affect the sensitivity of the victim’s family. — Bernama

 

 

❌
Subscriptions