Normal view

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • Jho Low still under probe despite Trump pardon bid claims, says IGP
    KUALA LUMPUR, May 13 — Police are continuing investigations into fugitive businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, said Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Mohd Khalid Ismail.He said the case remained under police attention and action despite reports claiming that Jho Low was seeking a pardon from United States President Donald Trump.“This issue is still at the stage of ongoing investigations. I view matters like this as rather sensitive to discuss,”
     

Jho Low still under probe despite Trump pardon bid claims, says IGP

13 May 2026 at 10:24

Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, May 13 — Police are continuing investigations into fugitive businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, said Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Mohd Khalid Ismail.

He said the case remained under police attention and action despite reports claiming that Jho Low was seeking a pardon from United States President Donald Trump.

“This issue is still at the stage of ongoing investigations. I view matters like this as rather sensitive to discuss,” he told reporters after the closing ceremony of the PDRM Special Dialogue V 2026 here today.

Mohd Khalid said the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) was also maintaining good relations with the relevant countries in efforts to continue investigations into the case.

“We are still pursuing action as before and maintaining good relations with the countries concerned. The matter remains under our attention and action,” he said.

International media reported that Low, who was accused by the US of masterminding one of the biggest financial frauds in history, had reportedly filed a pardon request with Trump several weeks ago.

According to the report, if the application was approved, it would drop the US criminal charges against Low.

The report also stated that the US Department of Justice website listed a pending application for a “Pardon after Completion of Sentence” under the name “Taek Jho Low”, filed this year.

Low was charged in 2018 over the misappropriation of about US$4.5 billion (RM17.7 billion) in funds from 1Malaysia Development Berhad, but remains at large and wanted by authorities. — Bernama 

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • After Teluk Intan FRU crash, police tighten SOPs for large convoy operations, says IGP
    KUALA LUMPUR, May 13 — The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) has tightened its standard operating procedures (SOPs) for large-scale convoy assignments to prevent a recurrence of the fatal accident involving a Federal Reserve Unit (FRU) truck in Teluk Intan, Perak, last year.Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Mohd Khalid Ismail said the improvements place particular emphasis on compliance with SOPs by all personnel while carrying out their duties.“We have made nume
     

After Teluk Intan FRU crash, police tighten SOPs for large convoy operations, says IGP

13 May 2026 at 10:10

Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, May 13 — The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) has tightened its standard operating procedures (SOPs) for large-scale convoy assignments to prevent a recurrence of the fatal accident involving a Federal Reserve Unit (FRU) truck in Teluk Intan, Perak, last year.

Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Mohd Khalid Ismail said the improvements place particular emphasis on compliance with SOPs by all personnel while carrying out their duties.

“We have made numerous improvements and tightened SOPs for operations, especially those involving large convoys, and I believe that with the stricter procedures, we can reduce accidents not only during duty assignments but also while on the road,” he said.

He said this when met by reporters after the closing ceremony of the PDRM Special Dialogue V (PSD V) 2026 at Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club (KLGCC) here today.

In addition, Mohd Khalid said the PDRM is also continuously upgrading FRU logistics and equipment through procuring new vehicles funded by government allocations.

“At the same time, we have received allocations from the government to enhance equipment and logistics, including new vehicles. I believe this will give greater motivation to all PDRM personnel,” he said.

He also assured that the welfare of the families of those involved in the crash remains a priority, including the provision of assistance and insurance coverage.

“Alhamdulillah, so far, all forms of assistance and insurance claims have been carried out properly and smoothly. If there are any shortcomings, the families may contact their respective state police chiefs,” he said.

In the incident on May 13 last year, nine FRU personnel were killed while another nine were injured after the truck they were travelling in was rammed by a gravel-laden lorry on Jalan Chikus-Sungai Lampam at about 8.50am.

The FRU personnel were on their way back to Ipoh after completing duties under Ops Chariot in Teluk Intan. — Bernama 

❌
Subscriptions