Normal view

‘RM300 may seem small, but it’s hard-earned’: Ipoh budget rice stall robbery victim still traumatised

22 May 2026 at 09:00

Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, May 22 — A victim of a robbery at a budget rice stall in Lebuh Meru Raya, Ipoh, yesterday said she remains traumatised by the incident.

Nor Atheerah Nadzirah Mior Ikram Shah, 21, said she has become easily startled and is now afraid to be alone following the ordeal.

“I can’t be by myself, I get scared. After that, I can’t handle being startled at all, anything that shocks me,” she told Utusan Malaysia when met at her stall here today.

Recalling the incident, the Ipoh Vocational College diploma graduate said she had been helping her mother at the stall and was alone at the time as her mother had gone out to deliver food with an assistant.

She said two men arrived on a motorcycle and stopped at the stall before one of them pretended to place a takeaway food order.

“I already had a bad feeling when I saw the man’s behaviour because he seemed to avoid making eye contact with me.

“When I was scooping the dishes, I noticed his legs were trembling. He also appeared to be pretending to look at the food, as though he was not genuinely interested in buying anything,” she said.

The third of four siblings said she panicked after the man grabbed the cash box and her mobile phone.

“I feel very guilty. I apologised many times because I failed to protect the business money. People may think RM300 is a small amount, but for us, it is very hard-earned,” she said.

She said she then chased after the suspect and shouted for help from a passing motorist before spotting her mother making a U-turn to return to the stall.

In the incident at about noon, two suspects on a motorcycle, posing as customers, fled with a cash box containing RM300 and an iPhone 13 belonging to Nor Atheerah.

The incident drew attention after a one-minute-25-second video recorded by Nor Atheerah during a TikTok livestream went viral on social media.

  • ✇Malay Mail - All
  • Kedah police probe Bedong school fight involving female students, clarify video misled viewers
    SUNGAI PETANI, May 15 — Police have identified between six and 10 female students believed to be involved in a fight in front of a secondary school in Bedong, which went viral on social media since yesterday.Kuala Muda district police chief ACP Hanyan Ramlan said the incident involved secondary school students from Form One to Form Four, but initial investigations found that only two or three students were directly involved in the fight.He said the others were be
     

Kedah police probe Bedong school fight involving female students, clarify video misled viewers

15 May 2026 at 11:08

Malay Mail

SUNGAI PETANI, May 15 — Police have identified between six and 10 female students believed to be involved in a fight in front of a secondary school in Bedong, which went viral on social media since yesterday.

Kuala Muda district police chief ACP Hanyan Ramlan said the incident involved secondary school students from Form One to Form Four, but initial investigations found that only two or three students were directly involved in the fight.

He said the others were believed to have been trying to defuse the situation, causing it to appear as though the incident involved a large group.

“Our review of the viral video found that the actions of several students attempting to break up the fight created the impression that everyone at the scene was involved in the incident,” he told reporters here, today.

According to him, police are reviewing several other video recordings to identify other individuals at the scene during the incident and they would be called to the police station to have their statements recorded to facilitate investigations.

Hanyan said no arrests or remand have been made against any individual so far, while no weapons were used or serious injuries were reported in the incident.

“Police have opened seven investigation papers related to the case, including investigations into the actual cause of the fight, which is believed to have stemmed from a misunderstanding on social media among several students,” he said.

He also advised the public not to speculate on the incident and to allow investigations to proceed, while hoping his explanation would help ease concerns following the viral video. — Bernama

Viral clip shows AirAsia pilot pulling off skilful ‘crab’ landing amid intense Taiwan crosswinds (VIDEO)

13 May 2026 at 08:05

Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, May 13 — A video showcasing the precision and skill of an AirAsia pilot during a challenging landing at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport has gone viral, highlighting the technical rigour required to navigate severe weather.

The footage, captured on May 4, shows an AirAsia Airbus A320 battling powerful gusts as it approached the runway.

To counteract the force of the wind, the aircraft was seen performing what is known in aviation as a crosswind landing, where the plane is angled into the wind during its final descent, sometimes called “crabbing”.

In the dramatic clip, the commercial airliner appears to fly sideways toward the tarmac before the pilot expertly straightens the aircraft just moments before the wheels make contact.

This manoeuvre is a standard but highly demanding procedure taught to pilots to ensure the safety of passengers and crew when wind conditions are not aligned with the runway.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

❌
Subscriptions